Huh, blink an eye and it's been 2 weeks since I last posted. I know it was Red Door related, but beyond that, not much has changed.
Still unemployed, but am currently getting unemployment payments, so that's good. What's surprising is that despite taking a pay cut of more than 50%, we seem to be making it work. Meaning that with Marci's pay handling the monthly mortgage (and then some), ESD seems to be handling the rest of the expenses. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it doesn't seem like it will. YNAB to the rescue, I guess, thank goodness for budgeting.
Doesn't mean I don't need to find a job, but it's not a urgent as I thought it might have been, for now. What this revelation has done is given me time to think about what I want to do. First off, I still need to apply for jobs to fulfill the ESD obligation. But, it gives me some time to pursue this Red Door thing. With zero call backs or phone screens, let alone interviews, all I can control in the job hunt process is how good my resume is. For now, I think it's pretty good, but it doesn't seem to be working.
With the Red Door stuff, I'm able to put some time into posting/marketing, and for this month, at least, with 4 people I've helped, it's been slow, but it's something I can control. And there is something really cool about that.
So over the past several days, I've been thinking about what to do. And it seems like really, I just need to DO it. Like get over my fear of whatever it is I am fearing. What's the worst that will happen? Same as what is happening now: nothing. My focus for RD needs to be getting the word out. Posting on Nextdoor or Facebook. Asking those I've already helped to post about me. Asking for referrals. Getting into senior homes. Branching out.
As of now, nothing on the horizon, but I haven't posted anything for a couple days. Let's put something out, see what happens.