Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Big show on Friday

A few months ago, we played a gig in Tacoma at a place called the Java Jive. I posted about it somewhere back then. A woman in the crowd really loved what we did and said she'd try to hook us up with some gigs. Turns out, her name is Bon and she plays drums for an old Seattle/Tacoma band called Girl Trouble.

Earlier this year, Von contacted us and offered us an opening slot at a club in Ballard called the Sunset Tavern. It's kind of a hole-in-the-wall, but it's a credible hole-in-the-wall in that anyone who's anyone goes to that club. We played and had a great show. Many people enjoyed what we did, but, as usual, we were unable to parlay that into anything bigger or better.

Our next gig was on a Wednesday at the good ol' Rendezvous, where we played to about 10-15 people for free. Sorta lame, but we there's always the "at least we played out" defense to fall back on.

This Friday, we're playing with GT again, this time opening for them and a band called Head at the fabulous Crocodile Cafe. The Croc is my favorite place to play in Seattle. They have a big stage, killer sound and a great room in which to watch bands perform. In fact, I saw Damone there a few weeks ago. Great show.

But, I digress.

So I've been calling/emailing/myspacing all my friends about this show. Course, I do that for every show, but for this show, it's quite important. I just need bodies to show. Doesn't matter how long you stay, but it matters that you're there when we play. I'm feeling that it's gonna be a good night overall, in that GT and Head will bring many many people. But if they bring say, 100 people, and we draw only 20 at the beginning, well, though we did 120 total (good), Lund Bros. only had 20, and that's bad.

I must admit that I'm a bit nervous. Of all the people I actually talked to, everyone was a "I'll try to make it." Not once did I get a "I'll be there."

Shit. I don't know. I had my boy JLow make posters (killer ones, I might add) and took them to the Croc last week. I drove by today and didn't see one up. :( But, GT had posters made (killer ones, I might add) and they were up, so that's good.

So for the one or two hardcore readers of this lonely blog, if you're in Seattle on Friday, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come down to the Croc and check out my band. Cover is only $4 and we really need your suppport. Having a good showing this Friday can lead to better gigs and more exposure.

But, I'll try not to get my hopes up too much; the realization after the gig that only 0-1 people showed up for me is depressing enough.


Johnny's poster


Girl Trouble's poster