Sunday, May 24, 2015

Such a slacker

Been a few weeks.

Haley had a concussion the past week. Apparently she bumped/got tackled/tripped during P.E. and fell down, basically whipping her head and neck. Her head didn't hit the ground, but her brain bounced in her skull.

We had her take it easy the past week or so, but according to one pediatrician, we should not have had her go to school as she was having some headaches. Luckily it's a long weekend right now and she's sort of hanging loose and getting better.

***

I met with a former co-worker recently for a coffee and a potential business opportunity. Nothing worth reporting yet, but it was cool to get back in touch.

***

OH! On Mother's Day the family and I went to our favorite place, Old Navy. In their "impulse buy" section, I spotted a box with a watch and 3 NATO straps for $5.97. There were two types of watches, black and white, and depending on which watch pack you got, you got the straps for that pack. For that price, though? I grabbed both a black and white watch. They are super cheap, but they look great and are of the pilot variety. And the straps fit two of my other watches, so for about $13.00 out the door, I really juiced up my little collection.

***

My hair is long enough to wear in a ponytail or a bun all day if I want. I pretty much do it at home or on weekends, but not super comfortable at work doing it yet. Mainly cause I don't want Ed to bust my balls, but whatever. I did the other day and it was fine.

***

Great update, huh?