Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Update time. And I'm at 100 posts!

I guess it's been about 3 weeks since my last update. What's up, eh?

Hmm. Well, in the past 24 hours I found out my parents' house (where I grew up) was broken into yesterday, a friend of Marci's is pregnant for the 3rd time (not planned), and a friend of mine had their first pregnancy sadly ended by miscarriage. Bummer.

In other, happier news, my Xmas shopping is done. I did it all on-line and only stepped foot in a mall with the family last weekend and that wasn't even for Xmas shopping.

The Lunds and I played a gig last Friday at EMP again. It was much fun, but hardly anyone showed. Lucky for us the EMP pays up front and even though we had maybe 10 people between the 3 of us show up, we got paid $200. My buddy came and shot some video and made us a little DVD. Quite nice of him.

Looking forward to having Xmas here by ourselves this year. My in-laws (bro and sis) wanted us to come down to CA this year. They've been remodeling their house since June or so. Doing it by themselves, no contractors, no helpers, really. They stayed with a friend for about 6 months and now they're staying with my bro-in-law's mom. Now, if we had planned to go down like my s-i-l wanted, we'd be in a world of hurt, all trying to stuff into Todd's mom's house, or paying for a hotel. Todd had thought he'd have the house done by Xmas, but now it's looking more and more like they won't be in until Spring. Which sucks. I say he go down to Home Depot and pay an amigo or 2 $15 bucks a day for some cheap labor. He probably won't though; he's getting some sort of perverse satisfaction by doing it all himself. Ambitious, yes. Smart? No comment.

Seahawks and Colts go to town this weekend. Sadly, the Colts lost this weekend, but still, seeing a 12-2 team vs a 13-1 team could make for a more entertaining game than the Super Bowl, but, unfortunately, they'll probably both throttle back just a bit.

Oh well. Off to watch the Sonics and Suns on Tivo now. Good night!