Thursday, February 16, 2006

Quickie

The lady and I are watching "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and have it paused for a sec.

I actually sat down today (well, in the car) and listened to some Beatles. Of course I've heard many songs of theirs, but never really listened to them. I'm doing so because Chris wants me to record some bass tracks for 3 songs he's recently recorded and wants me to do some "McCartney-esque" lines. So off to studying the Beatles I go.

Apparently I missed the memo, but Paul is ONE BAD MUTHA on the bass! Even on the songs I've heard a million times (specifically from Abbey Road), I'm just blown away at some of the stuff he does. Great stuff.

---------

The Seahawks played poorly. I'll leave it at that.

---------

My new Geddy Lee bass is THE BOMB! Plays like a dream, sounds and looks great. The only drawback is that I haven't played my MusicMan for a while now. She's calling to me, telling me how lonely she is.

---------

I'm hooked on American Idol. There's a contestant, Katharine McPhee, that I want to win because not only can she sing, but she's a fox. Rowr.

---------

And, just because my wife asked, yes, I am writing about you and yes, you are lovely. xo