Thursday, September 28, 2006

What is new?

Not sure. As you can see on my previous post, I'm selling a P bass. As of now, it's sold, tentatively. I have cash in hand, but the buyer is trying it out at practice tonight and, provided he likes it, will keep it. But if not, we'll cancel the deal tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers. Hopefully he likes it and then I can fund a purchase of a bass I've had my eye on for a bit. If I'm successful, I'll post about it here.

I'm going to see MUSE next Wednesday. I can't wait. I saw them last time they came through here, in May of 04. They played Neumo's on Capital Hill, which is a cool club. They had some technical difficulties, though. I seem to remember the bass cutting in and out in spots. This time through, they're playing the Paramount. Hopefully things go better this time.

I've turned into a bit of a Craigslist junkie. I have two bookmarks. One searching Bass under Musical Instruments. Just like to keep an eye on what's out there. The other is searching for Audi 90 coupe under Cars & Trucks.

There was this BEAUTIFUL 1990 Audi 90 CQ (Coupe quattro) for sale a few weeks ago. $3800 or something. Pearl white, Borbet wheels, lowered, exquisite. Basically this car in white with sweeter wheels (I actually saved pictures of it at work):



Anyway, I considered it for a split second. Marci even said if I sold the GTI I bought in May, it could be a go. But then reality set in and I figured selling a car with 37k to buy a car with 198k on it wouldn't be terribly bright. So I didn't. But it didn't matter. The car was off Craigslist in a day or so, sold to some lucky dude.

Went up to Victoria, BC, for our 6th wedding anniversary a few weekends ago. I booked a trip on the Clipper, which is a catamaran that travels at about 35 knots. It took us about 2 hours to get there, which beats driving ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

We were supposed to show up about an hour before the 8:00am departure. We ended up getting to the terminal at 7:45 and basically ran onto the boat. No worries, right? Not quite.

Unbeknownst to me, the Clipper is set up like a passenger plane on the water. There are airplane style seats throughout the cabin. I was thinking it'd be like a ferry, with plenty of room and seats and hang out areas. Well, getting there as late as we did, there were only a handful of seats around, none together. So, to celebrate our 6th anniversary, Marci sat by two ladies from So. Cal. and I sat a few rows in front of her.

I got to this row of three seats, with a man on one side and a woman on the other. I asked if the middle seat was taken, was told it wasn't, and made my way in. As the boat backed out of dock, the woman said something about the nearby cruise ship. I figured she was making small talk and ignored her. A few minutes later, she said something else and then I realized that this man and woman were actually husband and wife.

WTF???

I also realized that I'd be stuck between this couple for the next two hours. I was pissed! I mean, if Marci and I were on opposite ends of an aisle and someone asked if the middle seat was taken, you bet I'd move or Marci would move. But these idiots just passed food back and forth, talked back and forth and generally made me miserable.

So why didn't I ask to move or switch? I don't know. I'm kind of a puss about that kind of stuff. I figured I'd just sulk and pout and generally look pissed to let them know how stupid the whole situation was.

At least the rest of the trip was nice. Saw flowers. Used a 2 person Jacuzzi (niiice!). Had some Canadian maple syrup. It was a beautiful time. We need to get out more.

And, rather than continue this epic post, I'll stop now, then write about a book I've been reading.