Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Friday Night Lights

If you are not watching this fantastic show on Wednesday nights, you are really missing out.

I knew nothing about it when it started in October, other than it would be about football in a Texas town. I heard some good things about the pilot so I set Tivo to record it. After recording it and then watching it, I was hooked. There's the obligatory football angle, of course, but the actors and storylines are all so GREAT. I suppose you could call it a football soap opera, of sorts, but, it's more than that.

Without giving too much away, there's the star QB who has a, shall we say, mishap, one episode in. There's the All-American coach who I have a major man-crush on. He's so smooth and bad ass! There's plenty of hot Texas foxes on the show as well. And, to top it off, the acting is well-done and did I mention that the storylines are great?

Do yourself a favor. Program your Tivo for 8:00pm on Wednesdays, NBC. This is a fantastic show.