Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I am lazy

Every time I want to blog, I get lazy. I don't want to sit down and type. I don't have the patience for it. Then I feel guilty. Even if no one reads, I do get the reports every week. 10 hits this week. 12 that week. Sometimes more, sometimes less, so evidently, someone is looking. And I've been boring them... :(

Ugh.

So in my long standing tradition of blogging about once a month, here's my 30 day update from last blog.

We had a bad ass windstorm. It was insanity. We got through unscathed (relatively speaking). Within walking distance were several homes with storm damage, from missing roof shingles to a house bisected by a tall tree. We did lose power for about 18 hours, which, considering some people were without power for 10 days or so, was extremely lucky.

We went to the East Coast to spend time with the in-laws. Laurel, MD, to be exact. Two leg flight with two sub 4 year olds. That was tricky, but, you know what? Not all too bad.

In a nutshell, in MD, PA and VA, we saw the following: Hershey's Chocolate World, U.S. Botanic Garden, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Stadium (or wherever the Ravens play football). We didn't do too much sightseeing; it was more to spend Xmas with the kids' grandparents. Mission accomplished. See some pictures after the period (let's see if this works).

Preview says it does!

The new year came and went with no big surprises. We're back from our vacation. The kids are keeping us busy. MUSIC is keeping me busy and that's a great thing. We had 2 gigs canceled in December due to health and weather reasons. Last Saturday I played in Olympia at the 4th Ave Tavern with two other bands. Which reminds me that I gotta ask the Lunds if we got paid...

This Friday I'm playing at the Tractor in Ballard with two other awesome pop bands, Llama and the Tripwires. I think we'll be the heaviest of the bunch, but it should be a great time nonetheless. I can't wait.

After that gig, we have two in Tacoma. One next week and another at the end of the month. Just today, I set up a show at the Sunset with two bands I admire a bunch: the Young Sportsmen and Twink the Wonder Kid (though it'll be Dick R.'s side project and not TWK).

And now it's bath time for the kids, so off I go. Until next time, this is G-Nizzle, signing off.