Thursday, February 15, 2007

May 01 07

It's a Tuesday and my favorite band, Rush, is releasing their 39012th studio album. Or so it seems.

Actually, I think it's their 30th? Or maybe 30th album altogether. I don't know. All I do know is that the record will be called Snakes and Arrows and that the first single, Far Cry, will be released March 19th to radio.

There's a 15 second snip of the song at Rush.com and it seems to prove the rumors that this record will be quite heavy. Or as much as 15 seconds of a song can prove. Upon my first 1000 (or 2) listens, it gave me feelings of Natural Science off of Permanent Waves, which is a FREAKIN' AWESOME THING.

Then again, I thought One Little Victory off of the steaming pile that was Vapor Trails was cool when I first heard it.

Anyway, a new Rush release is always a cause for celebration (at least for me).