Tuesday, December 08, 2009

December is here

And, as has been for the past few Decembers, I'm freezing my buns off. I'm just so cold! It took me almost all day to finally get comfortable. Of course, it didn't help that I was at a friend's house for a few hours where their temperature was probably in the low 60s. Ugh.

I'm still looking for work, sadly. I did have a phone interview last week and have yet to hear back from them. It's getting to the point where the work will probably have to come via someone who knows someone, as opposed to applying. I'm finding that when I see something interesting, I apply, only to see that I've already applied for it. Yay for redundancy!

I have a few gigs lined up, one for each band. Unfortunately, they aren't until January and Feb., so don't get your hopes up.

I've also been doing a lot of Craiglisting and ebaying of stuff. I forgot how valuable one's junk can be to someone else. One new thing with ebay/Paypal is this "pending payment" stuff. Apparently Paypal will monitor transactions and if you're the seller (which I've been in two transactions), they "hold" the payment from the buyer until that buyer receives the product.

Huh?

I guess it's designed to protect the buyer from paying money and not getting their items. Paypal holds this money for 21 days or until the buyer indicates they've received the item they bought. In the meantime, I am screwed. I'm not sure how Paypal protects me if the buyer gets a working product, yet reports that it's broken, or, worse yet, that they never received it. So for now, I have about $120 sitting with Paypal, that I can't access until the buyer makes note that they got it. Lame. Maybe I should stick with CL. At least it's cash and local.

That's about it for now. I have run out of steam and will conclude this post with the following picture. Enjoy.