Sunday, February 22, 2015

Latest obsessions

Like the title says, things I've obsessed about recently:
  • Watches. I got bit by the bug around my birthday last year and have amassed a collection of 11 affordable (sub-$100) watches. I wore my Omega Seamaster (received in 2000 as a wedding gift) for the previous 14 years.
  • Binge watching tv shows. Let's see, I've watched Game of Thrones, Louie, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Fall, Top Gear, Orphan Black, House of Cards, Hannibal, Bosch (just started), True Detective, among others.
  • Fieldgulls.com. This website offers awesome analysis of all things Seahawks. It's pretty in-depth, but makes for great Monday morning reading after games.
  • Mixcraft recording software. My new bandmates are all iPad guys and use Garage Band to record their ideas. Not only have I started to write some music, I needed to find a way to do it. Internet searching for a Garage Band equivalent for PC led me to Mixcraft. My 14 day trial is over, but it gave me a taste of what my PC, a USB Rock Band mic and some bad drum loops can do.