Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Small world

I'm in another band now, called the Navins. No idea what it means but there you go. We meet once a week in West Seattle and have been practicing for about 3 months now. We have a show coming up on 4/4 at Slim's in Georgetown, so for the one of you reading this, come see us play.

I still don't know the guys all too well as we get together once a week for about 2 hours at a time, play some songs, work on some stuff, then go our separate ways. They still tell jokes about their old bassist and talk about stuff I have no clue about. But from friending up 2 of the other 3 guys on FB (one guy doesn't have an account, it appears), I'm learning a little about them.

Like the drummer, Corey, for instance. Today happens to be his birthday (thanks, Facebook). When I first met him, he was the contact for the band, he placed the ad on Craigslist. He worked for Microsoft at the time as someone in marketing, or something like that. But, I digress. He has a blog (seemingly dead for now) and he has taken lots of band pictures. In perusing the pictures, it appears he was at a show I played with the Lund Bros. way back in 2007. In fact, I swiped a poster and have it in my basement.

There were 5 bands on the bill. Lund Bros., The Beltholes, Glossary, Never (something), Never Still and Grand Champeen. Sadly, Corey only took pictures of the other 4 bands and none of Tacoma's Finest Power Pop Band.

I'll have to hit him up to see if he has any archival footage.