Monday, May 14, 2007

Late nite update

Couple things I wanted to post about. Friday I picked up my CPAP machine. If you look close, it looks like I typed CRAP machine.

Anyway, this machine helps me breathe better at night. It also reduces or eliminates my snoring which Marci totally appreciates. I started wearing it Friday night and it went pretty well. I guess I didn't snore. Plus, Riley didn't wake up and so we were all good. Saturday night I wore it as well, but not until after I got home from the 4th Ave gig at about 1:30 or so. I had a hard time falling asleep (I wear a tube right under my nose and have two channels blowing moistened air right into my nostrils) but once I did, I was ok. Evidently Riley didn't wake again that night either.

Last night was tougher as I had the humidifier on my sleep machine cranked too high. I had water in the tube and on my nose. Plus, it sounded like I was underwater. I ended up taking the mask off around 2 or 3 in the morning and sleeping au natural. I felt fine about it, but I guess I snored a lot. Also, Riley woke up, so Marci had a rough night. I'm going to crank down the humidifier so we'll see how that goes tonight.

Today I went for a run. Me! The first time in many many moons. We joined our neighborhood swim and tennis club a few weeks ago and in the past week and a half, I've gone swimming (re: splashing in the shallow end with the kids) about 4 times, which is 4 more times than I've gone in a year or so.

Anyway, I ran and walked fast and I want to lose the big ol' gut I've been sportin' for years. Holding in the stomach and pulling shirts away from it is getting old. Overall, I ran/walked for about 20 minutes or so. It was tough at first, but as I went, it got easier. I think later this week, I'll try going to the club to use a treadmill or something.

Of course, right now, my quads are sore, my shins are sore and my head is killing me (allergies? Or lack of caffeine? I didn't have a coffee today...).

Time for bed. Goodnight.