Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Whoopee. Update time.

Nice and hot today. What are you wearing? I'm in shorts... and nothing else...

New and exciting stuff:
  • Still on the CPAP. Been doing ok with it. Not sure how it'll be in the dead ass heat of summer. One cool thing is that it exhales cool air, but since I'm exhaling, I can't feel it. Oh, the irony!

  • Marci and I have been driving my parents' Audi Q7 while they've been out of the country. It's white and huge. And fast. And full of 007 type gadgets that we're still trying figure out. GPS is cool, as is a smart key. You have the keys in your pocket and touch the door handle and, poof! Door is unlocked.
  • I spent a few evenings this Memorial Day weekend holed up in a recording studio in Shoreline. London Bridge, to be exact. Home to Pearl Jam's Ten, and other super duper recordings. A guy I went to high school with, Jonathan Plum, is a co-owner of the joint. I was there to lend support and my superb ear for production to Sean as he layed down drum traxxx to 11 songs. So cool to be a part of that process again, especially since in the 2 years I've played in Lund Bros, I haven't had to stretch any of my massive creative muscle (roll eyes now!!). I've been playing songs that have been done for many years and just adding my little spin to them. But, this weekend, I heard songs (scratch tracks, really) with finished drums and they really gave me wood to write/make some bass parts to play with them. I think Sean will have to record guitars next (he is a really great guitarist!) and then it's bass time. I can't wait!


  • A friend at work fell down about a week and a half ago and broke her ankle in 3 places. A surgery and 9 screws later and poor Julie may have a limp for the rest of her life. She's in misery at home, immobile and in a lot of pain. Apparently the docs have told her to keep any weight off of it for the next 3-4 weeks. Incredible. This has really sapped her energy, not to mention her spirit. We're working hard at work to come up with a solution to get her to dial in from home. Hopefully we'll have something set up tomorrow for her.

  • New Juliana Hatfield today (EP only, though). Yay!

  • New Harry Bosch book last week (pretty short, though). Yay!

  • I went and worked out tonight. Go me! 10 minutes on the treadmill and 10 on the elliptical. What a weird machine, that elliptical. I pressed start and... nothing happened. So I started moving my feet back and forth and got it going. Felt strange as I felt like I was squatting the whole time. The women on either side of me appeared to be in some sort of cross country skiing race or something. They were hauling ass. Meanwhile, I'm about to pass out in the middle. Ugh. My goal is to lose the pony keg I hide under strategically crossed arms and billowy, yet sexxxy, shirts. Ripped abs, here I come!!

  • I thought I had more exciting thoughts to share with y'all, but, evidently I don't. Oh! Go to my myspace and peep my bass videos. Good times from the past. And go here to peep my videos from now. Hope I'll have some more up as we play more shows in the next few months.