Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spring has sprung?

We have baby birds living in a bush RIGHTNEXT to the back door. As in, open the door, reach out, and get buzzed by a low-flying red breasted robin.

The next was empty for a while, then, one Saturday, I peeked in.


Then next morning, not even 12 hours later, I peeked in again.

A few hours later, I peeked in again.

This was just over a week ago. Since then, the mama bird and a daddy bird (I think) have been flying around. When we slide open the door, the bush rustles, then a bird takes off. We've seen both birds hanging out by the bush, on our back hill, on the nearby bushes, often with worms in their beaks.

Today the chicks are chirping and, when we peek in, looking for food from the parents. They have feathers and have pretty much doubled in size. It's kind of neat. I've grown pretty attached to these guys. It'll be neat to see how they turn out.