Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekly update

Hello friends. Sitting at the computer on a Sunday night, weeding through hundreds of pictures snapped in the past week, listening to Fountains of Wayne and freezing my tail off in the basement.

In other words, things are cool.

What weather lately, huh? Sunny, but cold! Brr! I am seeing signs of spring everywhere and I can't wait! Some friends and I took advantage of the weather on Friday and took family portraits. We hit up Kelsey Creek Farm out in the Wilburton area of Bellevue and spent an hour or so looking cute (them) and taking pix (me). I have a lot of work to do, but and I'm excited about the potential of these pictures.

I've been doing a lot of reading too, both fiction (currently: Dennis Lehane's A Drink Before the War) and non-fiction (mainly about photography, of course). Though this year's pace is a bit off last year's. I think it's been due to some big-ass books I've read. And maybe all the photography books, too.

My second-hand Blackberry is starting to act funny too. The battery cover is taped on now thanks to Riley dropping it a few months ago. That's no big deal. The phone just locks for no reason. It'll be sitting in standby and I'll hit a button to light it up and... nothing. Just the spinning "wait" symbol. The good news is that my contract is up and I'm eligible for an upgrade. The bad news is that an upgrade costs money and, well, money's tight. For now, it's the Blackberry.

Had a Lund Bros. gig the other night. Went ok, I suppose. Played with a so-so band called Full Life Crisis, and a really eclectic band called Bone Cave Ballet (ok, I hate the name too!). BCB was very good at what they did. Two girls singing wicked harmonies, a really solid band behind them and some really gothic, indie, proggy music. Does any of that make sense? Next up is the Scheme at the New Frontier in Tacoma on Friday.

Kids go back to school this week. I'll hopefully be able to catch up on photo editing (Yakup's recording sessions, plus shooting some more for him; Ben's birthday from last week; the McCaskill family shoot; various shots on location, including my friend's motorcycle shop, Twinline Motorcycles) and job hunting and taxes and stuff.

Whee!