Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I turn 40 in a few weeks

And I’m not sure what to do about it.

Marci keeps asking what I want to do. Trouble is (big surprise), our money is better spent by not being spent. I mean, I know we wouldn’t do anything extravagant, but quite honestly, it’s been so long since we’ve done anything fun just for fun that I don’t know what to do.

What do you do on a 40th birthday? She mentioned something about friends but, I dunno, I have a hard time thinking people would be terribly excited about coming to my birthday party. I’d just as soon not have one, I guess.

I told her just being with her and the kids would be fine. We may go out of town for a day or so, but that costs $$$ and it’s just hard to get out of that mindset. Things are slowly getting better, but that doesn’t mean we can go out and spend $200 on a few days out.

I stupidly spent $50 a few weeks ago on parts I thought I needed for a computer I was trying to resurrect. They were used parts (RAM and a video card) but I ended up not needing them as the processor I used was incompatible with the board I had. Trouble is, the parts could only be returned for store credit only. Well, I’m keeping an eye out for used speakers for Marci, but that’s about it (the place where the credit is good for is a recycled parts shop).

Anyway, my point is I think just laying low and maybe doing something cheap with the family will be the way to go.