Monday, July 11, 2005

Mixed signals in Tacoma

On my way back from practice I had to stop and get gas. I didn't want to get stranded on a 40 mile trip with no gas.

Anyway, as I'm pumping away, I heard a little boy laugh, and his dad talking to him. I saw this boy, maybe 3 or so, and his dad and another man walk through the parking lot. The boy ran and promptly got grabbed and yelled at by his dad for running through the lot. The three of them disappeared into the mini-mart and I continued pumping away.

A few minutes later, the two men and the boy (3 and up at about 10:00pm) leave the mini-mart, with a case of beer in hand.



Not sure what kind of beer it was, but hopefully it was like Guinness or something.

On a side, completely unrelated note, I spent several hours yesterday playing with a database program called Mediaman. This software lets you catalog all your books, DVDs, video games, CDs, video tapes, etc. You enter the barcode for your CD, for example, and it searches Amazon.com for the best match. You then choose what matches best and, poof! You get a cover shot and text pertaining to said CD. Quite cool for a free utility.