Thursday, July 07, 2005

I suck

I just got a response to a blog entry in which I responded to another response.

I won't go into detail much; it's all there if you want to read it. I don't know what was wrong with me at the time I wrote that mean response. I guess I wanted to prove how clever and witty I was, at Tommy's expense.

Turns out, one of Tommy's bandmates found it and sent me a really thoughtful and mature response (unlike mine). I really appreciated what he wrote. It made a lot of sense to me.

Basically, who am I to judge these other guys? Was it fun to rip those ads from the Stranger? You bet. Am I usually that nasty? Only when provoked.

Anyway, my point is, to those offended or put off by what I wrote, instead of saying the standard, "Well, then, don't read my blog!", I'll say, my bad.

To the guys in Horsehedd, I wish you good luck.

From that response:
We may not know what we're doing but we sure have fun doing it. That's what it's all about, isn't it? I personally feel that music is music, one cannot claim to be better than another. We've played with a million bands (slight exagerration) with all kinds of names, with all kinds of personalities, and I'm happy to say that we've generally got along with all of them. We get called all kinds of things and that's what's dissapointing to me. It's not the deflating of ego, we collectively don't have much of one anyway. It's that there are NO black and whites in the world, but everybody seems to think there is. If a band sucks, but all their members are cool, what then? If a band's name sucks but their music moves somebody (even one person) what then? If a band sucks, their name sucks, but they have a blast doing it, isn't that respectable? It's all valid. Too much division in music.
The thing is, I've been there too and for me to bash those guys, Tommy especially, was out of line. +1 to Jonn Rockwell for opening my eyes.