Monday, October 19, 2009

Music is fun

Had a Lund Bros. rehearsal tonight! First time I've seen Chris & Sean since our last show on 7/11 at the Sunset! It's been a very long time. Ironically, though we did get together, we ended up rehearsing 2 songs by our friends, the Riffbrokers, for a show we'll be doing in their honor with a bunch of other friends. That show is 11/7 at the Skylark and I'll let you know more as it gets closer.

As we finished up and were about to leave, Chris played for me one of the songs we recorded way back in 6/08. As funds are always tight, we've been slowly piecing together songs for another CD. I haven't heard anything but the rough mixes of me and Sean's rhythm tracks, plus a few scratch guitar and vocal tracks threw in.

Anyway, Chris played a rocker for me called "Are You Ready?" We've played this live before and I have some live rehearsal recordings, as well as the rhythm tracks. This time, though, it was done, save for the mixing. The guitars, vocals and pretty much everything else was ready to go. He hit play and...

It. Was. Awesome.

I bobbed my head and grinned along to the song, loving what I was hearing, and also bumming that I hadn't heard it yet and probably wouldn't again unless I begged for it, or waited until we decide to release it. It's cool to hear a finished product, but I'm a little chagrined as I'm in the band, yet I don't get a chance to hear anything else. Luckily I'm a laid back kind of dude, right?

Anyway, it was great to see the guys and play again. We'll hopefully start firing that up again and getting some gigs. Lordy knows we need to get some.

Gigs, that is.

Next up: Scheme rehearsal on Wednesday. Sweet!