Thursday, October 01, 2009

Update before bedtime (for the kidz, that iz)

Still unemployed, but that situation is looking better. Nothing is guaranteed, other than that I made it through the interview process for the City of Seattle Parking Enforcement Officer job. Next up is the physical agility test, which, I was told, consists of walking and the like. The training officer at the first test basically said if you can walk, you will pass this test. So, if I make it past that, I think it's another interview with some VIP at the City.

I spent about 2 hours on the roof today blowing leaves, pine needles, and other junk off. Cleared out the gutters, too. And now it's pouring. So I fully expect the gutters to be filled by tomorrow morning.

The whole Dish Network thing is working out ok. We have the DVR upstairs and that's cool. For downstairs, I have the receiver and Tivo hooked up and though it's kind of a bear to record a show (set receiver to channel, set Tivo to hopefully [but not mandatory] same channel, hit record), it's working. And did I mention we're saving a few bucks? Cool!

No gigs to speak of, though I did bum rush my way onto a bill with the Unsmashable crew. It's the Riffbroker's 10th anniversary and we're (the Lunds) are going to cover a few of their songs. I got the ok from the bros, but haven't heard back from them yet.

I have Scheme practice tonight, but it'll be shorter as I can't get there until later. It'll be good to play, though.

I cleared out my side of the garage (thanks Mom's Empty Garage!) and now I can park the LILDRGN inside again. I realized that I didn't want to have a car outside all fall/winter, so that kind of got my rear in gear. I'm also trying to sell a lot of the computer stuff, but heck, I can't even give that stuff away...

I've been having these murderous headaches recently. Yesterday it was so bad, I went to the doctor. Of course, I felt fine when I went (Tylenol, anyone?) but it was good to get checked out, I suppose. I think they're migraines, but I don't know how they're caused. They happen behind my right eye, along my right temple, above my right ear, etc. The doc prescribed me a nasal spray steroid so we'll see how that works. It may be allergy related? I've been having a lousy past few months with stuffiness, itchiness, etc. Maybe I'm allergic to the dog...

Speaking of the dog, she's still cool. Kind of hyper at times, but I think we're pretty much used to it by now. She's probably gonna gain a few pounds now that weather is going to SUCK FOR 6 MONTHS as it'll be tougher for Marci and I to take her out. Even worse when/if I get a job. She'll (Bella, that is) just have to suck it up.

I guess that's all for now. Happy October. Carve a pumpkin!