Sunday, November 13, 2005

The in-laws are coming! The in-laws are coming!

That's right. As of the end of this week, my life is over. Hurricane Judy blows in on Friday. Luckily for me, I'll be gigging in Olympia that night.

Actually, she's not that bad. I just think she is. Luckily, my father-in-law is in on Thursday (the day before), so it's like two steps forward, one step back. Simply having him here neutralizes any power Judy might have.

Because they're coming in, that means it's Clean Up Time at the house. Marci's in full cleaning mode, 1) because the in-laws are coming, and 2) because it's about damn time we did some cleaning around here.

To me, cleaning the house is about as fun as, well, cleaning the house. Actually, it sucks. We are hoarders, so when it's cleaning time, it becomes throw your crap out time. I just threw out a bunch of stuff from my home cleaning excursion from the spring. A bunch of stupid stuff I'd saved from high school. Why do I save it? Apparently because I thought I'd like to have something like a 6" x 6" mirror with Huey Lewis & the News silkscreened across it. Sheesh.

Actually, it shouldn't be too bad with them here. Ted's a great guy and it'll be great to have them here with the kids.

I should have some fun stories when they're here, though. As I once heard on a TV show, our family puts the "fun" in disfunction.