Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy October

It appears that I've been slacking off on updates. So here's an update of random goings on in my life.

1. I got another haircut this weekend. I've had about 3 haircuts since summer and each time it's gotten shorter. This time, I've gone shorter than I have in a few years I think. I'm still trying to get used to it, but the lower maintenance is superb.

2. I had Lund Bros. rehearsal for the first time tonight in about 3 weeks. It was a good time. We are really knocking out some new songs. Chris and Sean are quite prolific and by the time our next gig comes up (as of now, Dec 14th!), we should be able to play an entire setlist's worth of new material. That'll blow some minds, I think.

3. I'm not sure how much I can say about this, but my work will be participating in some way with the local Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I'll be checking things out tomorrow and maybe I can get Ty to annoy me or something.

4. This weekend the family and I are heading to SoCal for Marci's 20 year high school reunion. That should be interesting. We've spent the past few weekends looking at/for clothing and shoes. I bought a shirt, tie, shoes, socks and belt. Marci got a dress and shoes. And she'll look freakin' hot too. It'll also be nice to see our family and friends down there. It's been over 2 years since we've been there so I'm looking forward to that.

5. Depending on what happens with #3, I may or may not have Scheme rehearsal. We've been off for, what, 6 weeks? David had a baby, Gregg went to Italy for a month and Gary went East for a week. Now that we're all here, I'm going out of town. Sheesh.

6. We had California Closets installed a few weeks ago. AWESOME. It's amazing what a few shelves and a lot of donating of old clothes can do for a closet. Our house is actually staying neat!

7. I hate fall. This fall has been horrible with mold or pollen or something. It's been nothing but stuffy noses for me and the family.

8. Riley has been getting on my last nerves lately. He won't listen, he's rude, he's disrespectful. I lost it with him yesterday and really hollered at him. I've given up spanking as it doesn't help and I don't want to do something I regret. It's bad enough yelling at him, but I'm at the end of my rope. I have no tolerance for his behavior anymore and I don't know what to do. Luckily Marci and I have our therapy appointment and I hope to be able to talk to Laurie (our therapist) about it and get some ideas.

9. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? I LOVE IT. Bring on May 2008!

and

10. This Friday is the season premiere of, what else? Friday Night Lights on NBC. Do yourself a favor. Rent or buy Season 1's DVDs and enjoy the best show you haven't been watching. Then turn it on at 9 on Friday and enjoy Season 2.

Goodnight.