Monday, February 11, 2008

Updates and stuff

No gym since last Tuesday, but Marci and I did do a workout courtesy of On Demand. It was a half-hour cardio workout with one of the trainers, Bob, from The Biggest Loser. I must be a loser because I was sweating like a PIG afterwards. It was actually pretty cool.

--

I picked up a PS3 last week for Blu-Ray purposes. I paid less than $50 for it thanks to some timely Best Buy reward zone points. Why PS3? Well, to make a long story short, I could've gotten a dedicated BD (Blu-Ray Disc) player for $399, but all it would do is play BDs. With the PS3, you get one of the best BD players out there, as well as a smokin' video game machine.

Right now, all I've watched is the in box Spider-Man 3 (which, as a movie, was quite the mess) and a few of my standard DVDs. I have downloaded some game demos, but not made any game purchases.

So far, I like the unit quite a bit. The front end took a little to get used to, but I like it a lot. The one thing that sucks about it though, is that the remote (SIXAXIS controller) is Bluetooth only. In other words, the nice Harmony remote I have is incompatible with the PS3. After a few days of searching, I found that Nyko puts out a cheap little IR remote that that works via USB with the PS3. I hit Fry's yesterday and found one and now my PS3 works with my universal remote.

--

I've been spending a lot of time up at my parents' house lately. Haley goes there every Wednesday after school and I pick her up. Marci and Rye have been going up there almost every other day as Marci is using their foot bath. It's some device that uses ions or something to remove toxins from the body. I used it yesterday and it was... interesting.

--

I played with a decent drummer at church yesterday. It was nice in that I haven't played with a decent drummer since before Xmas with Sean. Sean says his toe should be up to snuff for rehearsal next week. Also, David from the Scheme has contacted me and wants to get things fired up again. Our plan is to have him, me and the drummer, Gregg, hook up next week as well at a rehearsal studio in Bellevue. We'll see how that works out.

--

April and May are looking to be busy and expensive months. We have mine and Haley's birthdays. Rush is putting out a new live CD. Friday Night Lights Season 2 DVDs will be released. Marci's birthday is in May. Indiana Jones comes out in May. Rush visits the Gorge in May. Better start saving now, I suppose.

--

Off to work.