Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Shows are booked!

I've been spending a lot of time on email recently, trying to get good shows booked for the Lund Bros. So far, I have booked one, but it's a goody.

First up is a show I didn't book, but we were asked to play. It's May 10th at the Rendezvous for the Young Sportsmen's CD release party. They are playing and having us, and many other bands play. I'm pretty sure they include the Small Change, the Riffbrokers, the I Love Myselfs and some others. We'll only play 4 songs, but it should be a big ol' love in and a blast to do.

The show I did book is also with the Sportsmen and Thee Sgt. Major III. I asked TSM to play with us and as luck would have it, they had a show booked at the Sunset for 5/15 and needed some other bands. After some friendly emails, we were also booked on that bill. It's a Thursday, but from what I hear, Thursdays are the new Fridays.

I may try some other places, but, DAMN. Where is there to play in Seattle anymore? Let's make a list. Here I go, off the top of my head, in no particular order (* indicates I've played there before).
  • the Sunset*
  • the Rendezvous*
  • the Skylark*
  • Chop Suey*
  • Neumo's
  • Jules Mae
  • the High Dive*
  • Mars Bar*
  • the Central*
  • the Shanty
I'm sure there are more, but those are what come to mind. What venues am I missing? Help me out. Now that the Croc is closed, the number of AAA clubs is down one. The Capitol Hill clubs (Neumo's and Chop Suey) are hard to do as they seem to cater more to a DJ crowd (or SUPER-indie rock crowd).

Anyway, the quest continues.