Sunday, April 20, 2008

Update time, driveways, birthdays, and the sweet, sweet sounds of Rock Band

6 years ago tonight, I was playing a gig (or preparing to) with Ethyl at the venerable Central in Pioneer Square. It was our CD release party and we had a bunch of people there. As it turns out, Marci's water decided to break just before we took the stage and about 12 hours later, Haley was born. So we have that going on tomorrow. Happy birthday Haley!!

In other news, I spent about 3 hours powerwashing our driveway and steps today. We have a steep driveway and it's pretty much covered in moss. Our neighbors have this big ass pine tree that, for some reason, angles right over our driveway. Which means at any given time, our driveway is covered in pine needles. Which get tracked in the garage. Which get tracked in the house.

You catch my drift.

All the other neighbors have spotless driveways. One neighbor has nothing but his two cars in his garage. I swear his floor in his garage is cleaner than our dishes after they are washed. It's maddening.

Anyway, I borrowed my brother's pressure washer to do the driveway. I get started and the middle of the spray gun springs a leak. Which means there's much less pressure. Which kind of defeats the purpose of a pressure washer, no?

Turns out, a washer was cracked and, after much cursing, finagling and rearranging, I was able to replace and get going at full strength. Which I needed to tackle our dirty ass driveway. Exciting huh?

A few nights ago, my brother and s-i-l came over for some good ol' Rock Band. Though I have known about this game, I didn't buy it, but did get it for my birthday. My brother, who doesn't have an Xbox 360 or PS3, but has about 1,000,000 friends who all have Rock Band, has been playing it approximately every weekend for months now, many times until 4 a.m. (4 AM!)

He's been on me to get it and, thanks to turning 36, I now have it. I've played it a bit since receiving it, but hadn't played in a 4 player setting until Knight and Shannon came over. Marci even got in the game with some bass playing on Easy. I played some guitar and singing as well.

Who knew glorified Karaoke could be so damn fun? I thought I'd be a little self-conscious with the singing and all, but then I realized that everyone is so busy concentrating on their own instruments that they hardly know what everyone else is doing. It made for a fun evening, that's fo sho.

And, what the hell is up with the weather? 80 degrees last Saturday; snow, hail and coldness this weekend. Not so fun.