Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Back at home

It's weird, being home without family. The house is empty and quiet. I don't have to be home in a hurry. I can do what I want. It's weird.

I got home on Sunday and the first thing I noticed was that our weeds went crazy in the backyard. That kind of bummed me out as I'm gonna have to get my butt out there sometime to work on it.

The past few nights have been fun/boring/no big deal. I went to dinner with my brother and sister-in-law at a sushi restaurant that I didn't care much for on Monday. We had a good time, though. Knight had knee reconstruction surgery last week and is gimping around with crutches. It's painful, but kind of funny too.

Last night I ate at home. I can't cook and it sucks. I went to the store the night before and spent about $30 on food. Now, at my advanced age, I'm starting to think I need to watch what I eat more than I ever have. So, since I can't cook, that means Lean Cuisine instead of Hungry Man. And, sadly, Lean Cuisine isn't that much better for me.

Anyway, I had some healthy chicken taquitos for dinner (nearly singed to a crisp!) and did a bunch of push ups (up to 111 total over the span of 5 minutes or so) and sit ups.

So much fun.

This bachelor thing isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I miss my family.