Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update

Nothing fascinating to report these days. I have been continuing my push up program. I did my week 4 exhaustion test (do as many as possible before failing) today. I hit 41 before I pooped out. Not bad, but I was hoping for 50. Next week I begin week 5 and it looks to be a killer. Start at 40, then 32, then 32 and on and on. I've kicked ass on the first 4 weeks so we'll see how week 5 goes.

I have been a bit of a lazybody since our vacation. I didn't work out in CA (save for doing my push up routine every other day). When I got home, I worked out once (did Tae Bo, of all things!) and continued my push ups. My excuse is that Ted (Marci's dad) is staying downstairs while he's in town. Truth be told, he's upstairs most of the time and I could squeeze in a 20 minute workout if necessary.

I guess it's not necessary.

In Lund Bros. news, I've been spamming message boards and emailing friends and posting on myspace and things to steer people to our Austin City Limits page. I kept thinking we had to hit #1 to advance. Turns out we need to be in the top 100 to move to round 2. As of right now, we have 71 votes. Band # 1oo has 210 votes. I just want to be band 100. So, if you haven't voted, go here and vote. If you have voted before, make sure you're going on a daily basis until we get in (or the contest ends). I would LOVE to make round 2 just to see what happens. Thanks to those who have helped us so far.

We rehearsed the other night and it went pretty well. We'll be debuting 3 new songs on Friday, August 1st. I'm looking forward to it. Also, it is the Doll Test's CD release party, so that should be a big draw for a lot of people. I know the Unsmashable crew will be there. Hopefully some of my homies will be there too.

No news on the Riley front. We have a doctor's appointment in a few weeks. That should shed a lot of light on what we do next. Do keep the little dude in your thoughts. He's pretty cool.

I guess that's about it for now. I'll be back in a few days. Cheers!