Sunday, July 20, 2008

Family is back!

After 3+ weeks, after 3200+ miles, after lots of drama, the crew is back in Bellevue! They showed up yesterday afternoon and it was all good. The kids were in good shape, as were Ted (Marci's dad) and Marci. Strangely, they all smelled like fried food.

I was quite happy to see everyone, and they were happy to see me. Unfortunately, the good vibes didn't seem to last long enough as Marci and I were a little prickly to each other. Maybe it was the time apart. Maybe we needed to get back in the mindset of having vacation over. I don't know exactly what it was, but both last night and today, we've had some minor moments.

It seems Haley is being quite good. Though she had one little brat moment (she said she wanted to be stinky late in the afternoon), she's been the Haley I remember from months ago. No being rude, no talking back, only a little feeling sorry for herself. I just have to remember that she's 6 and she's not perfect.

Riley has been crazy. He's been good, for the most part, but he's been a mile-a-minute and talking non-stop! He's a fun little dude and it's been great to be with him the past day.

Tomorrow it's back to work for me!