Sunday, January 25, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This was forwarded to me via Facebook. I thought it might be fun to do. Plus, FB copies my blogs over there so I figured I'd do it here.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
  1. Though I generally hate these self-promotion things, I do love to blog and love to think that people find me interesting enough to check back on my blog once in a while. Is that passive/aggressive?
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE music, though my knowledge about such (trivia, band histories, etc) pales in comparison to the amount of which I love it. This makes for awkward conversations when I'm with people I feel like I need to impress (but really don't). I'm such a poser :(.
  3. Speaking of music, my first instrument I ever played was piano. I followed that up with clarinet in elementary school. Why? Because the girls played clarinet and I liked girls! Why else?
  4. In that 4th grade class, I also took needlepoint (is that when you have the metal circle holding your cloth pattern?) because the girl I crushed on was in it too.
  5. Speaking of girls, I didn't marry my high school sweetheart (wait, what?), but I did marry my first real girlfriend.
  6. I wish I could make a living playing music. Since that's probably impossible, I sure hope I can continue making a living running the family business.
  7. I think I'm a pretty good dad, but everyday I realize that I'm not nearly as good as I think I am. I am a constant work in progress.
  8. I take "Ignorance is bliss" way too seriously. Ignorance is not an excuse, dude!
  9. I want to be one of those guys that when people talk about me, they say that I'm the salt of the earth. You know. That guy.
  10. When someone is uncomfortable with me, it makes me uncomfortable with them. It just makes it that much cooler when you do meet someone who is at ease, which makes such a big difference!
  11. I peruse For Sale ads online for basses almost daily. I don't have funds to get any, but I love to look, and if the opportunity presents itself, I may trade one of mine away to get what I want.
  12. In 2001, I decided I needed a new car. For some reason, I liked how the VW GTI/Golf headlights looked, so I checked one out. Once I sat in the GTI and closed the door, I was sold. That door shut like the door to a vault and it made quite an impression. That's when my love affair with German cars began.
  13. I have a minor obsession with 3 female singers. For whatever reason, they're all from the Boston area. Juliana Hatfield, Aimee Mann and Damone (featuring Noelle LeBlanc on lead vox). It's a coincidence, but there you go.
  14. I taught myself how to play bass after borrowing my 7th grade band teacher's Fender Jazz one summer. He told me the notes of the strings and off I went.
  15. In high school jazz band, which met every morning at about 6:20am (is that right?), there were 2 vintage Fender Jazz (70s era?) basses. They were pretty beat up, but if I knew then what I knew now, I'd have two vintage Fender Jazz basses hidden in my house somewhere. Shhh...
  16. I went to college for 4.5 years or so and, outside of a few people I met, thought it was a complete waste of time. Of course, it didn't help that whenever a professor opened his or her mouth, I'd just fall asleep. Very weird.
  17. I'm a decent skier, but haven't been for years. Hate the hassle of getting ready and going. But I might have to get Haley up there sometime.
  18. I'd like to travel more, but don't have the funds to do so. I know Marci would love to do it more, too.
  19. I cannot cook. But I'm great at laundry and dishes. I keep threatening to take some cooking courses. Then I'll be a triple threat!
  20. I can build a computer from scratch. My own is about 4 years old and I'll run it into the ground.
  21. In second grade, I won a poster contest. My prize was a helicopter ride in the 710 traffic copter. Unbeknownst to me, the "door" to the passenger side of the copter was basically an open window. Thankfully, I didn't fall out and die, as evidenced by this super interesting list.
  22. Heights suck. I can't even watch something perilous on TV without my hands and feet sweating.
  23. Speaking of feet, Marci bought me a PedEgg last summer. My feet were so soft!
  24. Speaking of soft, what is it about the skin of the opposite sex? It's so soft and nice and all I want to do is touch it!
  25. Stuff will happen and it's all about how you interpret it. It might be horrible and bad, but eventually, something good will rise, and that's how I like to look at it.
Still with me? Good for you. Now it's time for a snack.