Thursday, August 06, 2009

Allergies? What's up with that?

I am not an allergic dude. At least I wasn't. I used to be allergic to cats. Then I met Marci and her 3 cats and somehow developed immunity. Nowadays, I'm fine around the one remaining cat.

This morning, Riley woke us up at 5:16am to tell us he had to pee. Super. After that, my nose started running and I started sneezing. Then I got all stuffed up. Awesome. I have no idea why. The trend continued all day into the night.

I took a Claritin D in the morning. No use, really. I took an Allegra tonight. That helped a little, I think. In the meantime, my nose is all dried out from the blowing and my throat is sore from the sneezing (and it didn't help that I had Scheme practice tonight and sang a bunch).

My dad had horrible hay fever in the springtime and as far as I know, Mom has no allergies. We just had the kids tested this week and it turns out both are allergic to grass (great. Seen our back yard? All grass!) and Riley is just a tiny bit allergic to cats and dogs (isn't irony grand?). Marci has in the past year developed serious allergies to beans and nuts. It's really lame.

Anyway, hopefully whatever's in the air decreases tonight and tomorrow so I can get back to some semblance of normal.

Now how about that? Blogs every day this week! Go me!