Saturday, August 22, 2009

Getting ready for a test and other stuff


Just chillin'. We had Riley's 5th birthday the other day and he's upstairs now playing Superhero Guess Who? with Marci and Haley. I just dominated him at it so I'm free for a minute.

I have a "test" today. At the suggestion of a friend, I applied for a job with the city of Seattle as a Parking Enforcement Officer (re: meter maid!). I get to take a test today that focuses on "Numerical Coding and Proofreading, Parking Enforcement Law Interpretation, Map Reading, Math Aptitude, and Spelling." Seems easy enough, right?

If I pass this test (70% or higher to move on), it's onto an interview. After that comes an agility test, then a background check.

Of all those, I'm sure I would pass the background test with flying colors. Here's hoping I make it that far!

In other news, I've been taking pictures like crazy and am way behind on editing them (prettying them up) for public consumption. I was invited to a party last week for a bunch of kids at a place called 1-2-3 Bounce. It's basically a warehouse with a bunch of "bouncy house" type toys inside. Pretty clever, if you ask me. No inventory or stock, very little overhead.

Anyway, the pictures were pretty good. I still need to work on getting better at what they call "tack sharp" photos. Some turned out really clear, but for the most part, my technique (or lack thereof) is causing me some grief.

On the music tip, things are pretty quiet. Lund Bros. haven't played since early July. We have no shows, and Sean is (or was) in Costa Rica for a few weeks. I've put out some feelers to clubs but have gotten no responses.

The Scheme is down now, too. Gregg's thumb is healing and we've rehearsed a few times, but David is out of town for another week. We should be revving that up again next week and hope to have some shows booked for that soon.

In the meantime, it's Sunday Morning Worship Rock with Emmaus Road. It's not my first choice, but it keeps my fingers busy.