Monday, January 18, 2010

Feeling neglected

My poor blog. After starting my Project 365 blog, all my writing has gone to it. And all it's about is the photo of the day. Unless you're into the pictures, I guess it's pretty boring.

As far as So Yummy goes, things are pretty much the damn same, I'm sorry to say. No job leads. No progress on improving my resume. Just a bunch of the same stuff.

On the other hand, I have some friends going through some issues that make being unemployed look like a walk in the park. So, I'll stop complaining now.

I have a Lund Bros. gig coming up Thursday. We're playing with a couple bands we've never played with before. Look for me; I'll be playing the SB-2 and taking pictures before and after.

I had a friend dial me up the other day on Facebook. His bassist and him had some issues and, with a CD release on the horizon, tensions flared. He is now without bassist and has asked me to pinch hit. I told him I would and we're going to hook up tomorrow night. My other band, the Scheme, is on hiatus as the other two members are going to Hawaii on "business" related activities (re: their SOs are attending conventions and photo shoots and the boys get to tag along). Lucky them.

Haley has been selling the heck out of Girl Scout cookies. I don't think it's her superior sales skills as it is the GS cookie fiending old folks we live by, but we'll take it.

I guess that's it for now. I'll check in from time to time, but if you feel some compelling need to read something I wrote, you can find me at the So Yummy Project 365 blog. It's been fun doing that blog and I feel kind of obligated now.

In the meantime, if you see my earplugs anywhere, let me know. Last I used them was at Scheme practice in late Nov, early Dec sometime and I miss them dearly. I bought some replacements last weekend and after practice tonight, I will only use them in an emergency.

Who knew one could get so attached to earplugs?


A picture of my junk.