Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy 2010!

Have a good New Year's Eve? Marci made it to 12:00am, as did I. It was pretty uneventful, but I, for one, am glad to have 2009 behind us. Though lots of good things happened, the one thing I'll remember the most is being unemployed for most of the year. So now that that's out of the way, here are the good things that happened, in no particular order.
  • We got to go on a vacation of a lifetime, right after my unemployment started, to Orlando, FL, as part of Riley's Make-a-Wish wish.
  • The family made it through the year with no major health issues save for Marci's burned hand in March.
  • We added a member to the family in June. A dog. We went from being non-dog family to complete dog lovers.
  • We witnessed the complete love and support from both new and old friends.
  • I personally discovered a love for photography and have spent a lot of time learning how to do it.
  • Being out of work, I've spent more time at home and with the family than I ever have.
  • I read a lot of books and rediscovered our local public library.
  • We went on a "camping" vacation during the hottest weekend of the year. I went 3 days without a shower, the longest I've ever gone without a shower.
I'm sure there are more, but I'm "busy" job hunting (and watching the Rose Bowl), so I'm gonna back out now. Go Buckeyes and Happy New Year!