Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bring on spring

I am sick of being cold!

In other news, I had a job interview today. In fact, I had one on the phone yesterday, so I'm on two interview streak. Both went pretty well. Both are for jobs that would pay less than what I'm getting via unemployment. However, I am totally putting the cart before horse here, so until something gets offered officially, I'll just keep thinking about things.

The job I interviewed for today was at a high-end car dealership to be a porter. You know, the guy who brings the car around, gets it cleaned up, runs all over the lot, etc. That guy. It's an entry level job that pays as such, but I'm trying to look at it as a foot in the door. Doesn't mean I wouldn't do my best at it, but it's not necessarily a career move (being a porter).

One interesting thing about the position would be the scheduling. 3 days on, 4 off. And those 3 days? You work a lot! 12-13 hour shifts! But, having 4 days off would be cool. Take a day to cool out, hang with the family for a few days, then work on photography and building that up!

Speaking of photography...

After the interview, I headed around Chinatown in Seattle to take some pictures. It was a little rainy so I was trying to be selective of shots and standing under awnings, etc. I was going to shoot an old decrepit sign when the darn camera locked up again. :( So, I missed the shot, of course, and had to worry about the stupid thing all the way home.

At home, though, I was able to get the camera up and running again, but I have no idea what's causing the issue. I have not been able to definitively link it to any one thing, so it's a little troubling. I guess the good news is that I don't have any big "shoots" to worry about in the near future.

Speaking of shoots...

I was lucky enough to be asked to shoot a family for their portraits last month. I took a ton of shots and whittled them down to the best ones. I did some PP (post production) on them via Photoshop Elements and have uploaded them to a free smugmug.com account. I do have their permission to post, so here's a link to the site: link.

Anyway, take a look at the pictures and make some comments. Also, if you want me to take pictures for/of you, let me know. I am starting out and I am reasonable and I want/need the experience!