Thursday, June 16, 2016

Ethyl at the Lakepointe, 9/1/01 (video)


We practiced all summer at the Olympic Foundry, in the Georgetown area of South Seattle. If you look down at a manhole cover or a sewer grate, chances are it says Olympic Foundry on it and now we have something in common.

This show was played at the Lakepointe, a bar and grill in Kenmore. I remember a woman named Deb Rock used to book the place and for whatever reason, booked us there. I think we were on a bill with some friends' bands also, maybe Healer?

These were the days when you could still walk your spouse/girlfriend to the gate in the airport and not have to stand in line. A few days after this, I was in San Diego and then 9/11 hit and, well, you know the rest.

The video is boomy and loud and distorted in some places. I think I shot this before I got the off-camera mic, which cuts eliminates the distortion but may reduce some of the bombasticness too. I don't know. Either way, this show sounds pretty good and for a first show, we played pretty well.