Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dusting off the oldies

Video 8 tapes and cassette tapes.
I was cleaning out a cabinet today and decided to go through old tapes. I had pulled out the video tapes last week to find a tape to record over for my Navins show. In the meantime, I left all the video 8s out. I organized them into piles. By far, the most tapes go to Ethyl. There's a big family stack, and then some other bands and some dedicated to Hay or Rye.

As far as cassette tapes go, I found a couple of Grasshopper tapes, some live recordings, and even some Whiskey Dick tapes. I'm talkin' mid-90s for those. Additionally, I found some old mix tapes and recordings from the radio!

Trouble is, I don't have any tape players in the house that work. There's an old Pioneer we've had sitting around, but last week when I tried it out, the tape decks don't work at all. I'm thinking Hay or Rye should have one from when they were younger laying around somewhere. I'll have to get those into the computer.

In the meantime, I've been downloading via video camera into my computer. I've downloaded a band I played in in the late-90s to about 2000 called While Away. We'll see if they see the light of day.