Sunday, May 08, 2005

Pressure's on!

As mentioned previously, the Lunds and I have a gig next month. This weekend I got an email saying to learn 6 more songs. I've got the basics down, now I have to get comfortable with them. I also got info about the band we're playing with, another pop trio called Shimmer, out of Tacoma. I checked 'em out and, DAMN, they're good. More emphasis on pop than rock, but good stuff. Real radio friendly. It'll be a good bill, with us and them, but for me, the pressure is on.

The Lunds (minus me) had an acoustic gig last week and mentioned our upcoming electric gig. Apparently people are crazy to see the Lund Bros. because they haven't played out electric in over a year. So, what are we gonna do for the unveiling? Well, they have me learning 26 songs. 26! We have a 90 minute set to fill. 90 minutes! I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of doing that before. So far, the songs are coming along for me. These last 6, I've been familiar with 2 of them, so 4 are new. Those were tricky ones, but I got 'em down. I gotta tack some vocals on top and we'll be set. Now, if Wednesday would hurry up and get here already!