Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Plans, plans, and stuff

  • In 2 nights, I'll be reeling from seeing Rush for the 6th time. I debated on whether or not to go this time around as it seems that they're just doing the same thing over and over again. Then I realized, it's frickin Rush and I have to go.

    Actually, my brother's friend had access to 2 extra tickets so he and I and his friends are gonna make our way south on Friday.
  • In 4 nights, I'll be reeling from playing out for the first time in just over 2 months. Heck. We haven't even rehearsed since probably early April and we won't get one before Sunday. Sean had health issues and is just getting better; Chris' newborn son had health issues and is doing fabulously; Chris' downstairs (our rehearsal space) is undergoing some remodeling. It's been a long time.
  • Anyway, we'll be hitting the badass Sunset in Ballard. It's a weird bill that Jen over there has put together. It's us and 3 other bands, quite indie-garage and rockabilly in their sounds, if I recall correctly. We're with the Coloffs, Ape City R&B and the Bug Nasties. And then little power pop us. *shrug*. We go second in case you're interested. Catch more info here: Sunset Tavern's Website
  • I've been plugging away at coming up with some basslines to Sean's new songs. He has laid down drum tracks and acoustic and electric guitars on 12 (or is it 13??) songs. I've been adding my .02 to the tracks on my little "home studio" (re: bass into mixer into computer) and creating parts. It's an interesting process. In my vast recording experience (right!), every time I've gone in, it's after the band has played the songs many many times. This time, we've never performed the songs together. I've had scratch tracks from Sean and will be going in basically to play to drums and guitars. It'll be super fun (love recording!) but kind of, not sure what word to use, sterile? Unspontaneous? Hard to say. I've got parts worked out but I don't have the intimacy with the drum parts that I would have had we played them together as a band. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and hopefully we'll have some new tunes to share with everyone before too long (late fall?).
  • Saw Die Hard 4 tonight. Really enjoyed it. Favorite Die Hard 1 tie-in? Agent Johnson. Awesome.
  • Watched Kevin Durant play over the weekend. And Jeff Green. I think there may be hope yet for our Supes. They may suck, but I'll enjoy watching b-ball come October.
  • Thinking about buying an Xbox 360. The urge is strong, but I'm going to try to hold out until fall/winter. Evidently there's a newer version being produced that should be more reliable. Many people are experiencing bad things with the current version. Perhaps you've heard about the 1 BILLION BUCKS that Microsoft is going to eat to fix the issue? Insane.
  • I gotta start going to bed earlier. It's 11:30 now and I'm finding excuses to stay up. I think it's mainly to prolong having to wake up tomorrow.