Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post Xmas Post

Christmas came and went and we got some snow. That was cool. The kids were very excited and happy with their hauls. That was cool. I almost made Marci cry with the coolness of the gifts I got her. That was cool. I got Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii. That was cool. After playing SMG, I got a tasty bout of nausea.

That was not cool.

Other than that, it was a good day. I had a nice haul, including:
  • a tan Spyder jacket. I've been looking for a new jacket. I love my Eddie Bauer Windcutter, but it's black and it's boring. The tan is sleek and suave. Plus, there's a freaky spider logo in the middle of the back.
  • the aforementioned, nausea-inducing, Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii.
  • a Nyko charging kit for my wireless Xbox 360 controller.
  • a few shirts.
  • The Ice Limit book by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Since my favorite author, Michael Connelly, is in-between books now, and I've read all his Harry Bosch books, I needed some new authors to get me through. I tried reading some Lee Child/Jack Reacher books last year, and they were entertaining, but too much of the same (loner vs. cast of thousands). The Preston/Child books started poorly (IMO), with Relic, but really picked it up with Thunderhead. I just finished Riptide a week or so ago and loved that. So far, The Ice Limit seems pretty cool. If you like your fiction with a dash of archeology/science, you should check out some of their books.
  • an espresso tamper and a beverage thermometer.
  • a pair of flaming lounge pants. With flames. And fire.
  • Some cash.
All in all, not bad. The geek in me wanted some more games, but perhaps I should take my own advice to my kids and FINISH WHAT I HAVE FIRST.

Until next Xmas!