Friday, November 28, 2008

Odds and ends

I went on a Facebook binge the other night. I didn't plan to, it just happened.

I was playing with Picasa 2, which is Google's photo organization software. Turns out it's now Picasa 3, so once that was downloaded, I started going through old pictures. I figured it was time to upload some more to Facebook, so I did. Anyway, if you're interested in them, they're on my FB site.

The past few days have gone fast. We had Thankgiving here yesterday. Marci basically spent all day making green beans, sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables, stuffing, chutney and turkey. What sucks is that I have zero talent in the kitchen, which means she has to do it all. It's a good thing she knows what she's doing.

Sadly, carving the bird came to me and, well, I already mentioned my talent level in the kitchen. Luckily, I made pretty good work of it and we, plus Knight, Shannon and Mom, all had a darn tasty Turkey Day.

Today was Black Friday and, thought it was gray out, it never looked black. Yuk yuk yuk!

We went and saw Dad at the funeral home. Mom had a plaque made with his name, birth and death dates, and we took it there to put in with his ashes.

Evidently, to open where Dad's resting, costs money. Like $795 moneys or something. I couldn't believe it. It took all of about 5 minutes for a maintenance guy to climb up a ladder, turn a screwdriver and remove a glass panel. Then he went up and down adjusting the plaque and pictures. All told, it took maybe 10 minutes total. I guess today's adjustment was free, but if we want to add or move something in the future, we'll be ponying up. Who knew?

Anyway, we had dinner at a friend's house tonight and that was good. Nice to have some after-dinner talk sans kids for a change. They have a boy and girl and our boy and girl love to play with them, so that was nice.

Speaking of talking, what we talked about was Riley's acceptance into the Make a Wish program! Based on his recent surgery and changes in his life, the people from MaW decided that he would qualify for a wish! What he's going to wish for, we're not sure. He's mentioned wanting a monkey or something, but they're going to have a couple of interviewers come over and help him determine what he'd want the most.

How cool is that??