Sunday, December 07, 2008

Happy December

I guess I'm in a bit of a blogging rut. I suppose I'm all blogged out after the past few months.

Most recently, it's been a lot of work, no music, and hanging with the family. With two guys quitting on me, I've been lucky enough to enlist the help of a guy I know from church. He's been really great for us, helping out on site as well as in the shop. He scratches my back, I scratch his. Now, if I could only get those kind of results with our cashflow...

Musically it's been dry. Arid, even. So much so that at church today, I watched the band play with a pang of envy! I don't even think I've taken my basses out of their cases for almost 2 weeks!

/looks over at basses. "Sorry, basses!"

That should all change tomorrow, though. I believe we are on for Lund Bros. practice, in preparation for... absolutely nothing. I have some feelers out for a CD release show, but haven't heard anything back. I have 2 other KILLER bands who have said they will play with us, but I need a venue first.

Marci got a much needed mini-break this weekend. Her and 3 of her gal pals went to Port Angeles and stayed in a home of her friend's contractor. They just yukked it up while I was at home with Haley and Riley. We kept it pretty low key. There was a lot of movie watching and goofing off with the kids. We were lucky enough to get invited to a friend's house for dinner last night, so we got our social on a little bit.

So this week should be busy yet again at work (boo/yay!). I still have yet to buy any Xmas gifts and frankly don't exactly know what I'm going to do about that. Luckily Marci is quite the superstar when it comes to this time of year. It's exhausting, but she has her stuff together, that's for sure.

Mom is off to Texas until early January. I talked to her a few days ago and she's doing pretty well. It's the first time she's been there since Dad died, so I'm sure there's a lot of emotion all around down there. I guess she's going to try to sell their house down there.

It's kind of weird to not have anyone here now, except for Knight. Dad's gone. Mom's in Texas. Dung is in Ireland and, though Knight is only in Seattle, he and Shannon keep so busy that we're lucky to see them a few times a month. Though, ironically, with Dad gone now, they've been out here a lot more than before.

It must be how Marci feels, with her family all in California and her up here all by herself. I don't know how I would do in that circumstance. It'd be weird, that's fo' sho'.

That's all for now. Time for me to go to bed. I am getting too old to be staying up past midnight every night.