Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Well, Happy New Year!

Since I already had a Year End Wrap Up Blowout, I guess there's not much to say. We went to a friend's house tonight for an early get together. They had two pieces of paper on the wall. One read, "Things to remember about 2008" and the other read, "Things to look forward to in 2009".

Let's see. What do I want to remember about this year?

Not a whole hell of a lot.

From the shitty weather (wind, rain and cold well into June, then epic snow in December!) to a failing economy to backstabbing ex-employees to playing less rock shows to struggling to make ends meet to losing Dad to the stress of the aftermath, I have a lot of things to disremember.

I guess I really am a "glass half full" dude as whenever I think back, I think of how much worse it could be for me/us. I don't like to think of things being worse, so I'll move on.

I guess it's all relative, huh?

So, what am I looking forward to in 2009?

LESS DAMN DRAMA! No more health issues (though with Judy's recent issues, both health and career, who knows?). I am looking forward to Riley's continued healing and progress. I am looking forward to our Make a Wish trip (yet to be confirmed, but once it is, I'll spill the beans). I am looking forward to Haley maturing even more and learning and growing. I am looking forward to Marci and I beginning our 16th year together (OMG) and becoming closer. I am looking forward to the business surviving the blows 2008 brought and growing it for many many more years.

I think most of all, I am looking forward to hope, potential, change and growth.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go celebrate the New Year with some water and a hug.