Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Guilt trip

Our big trip is on Friday and it couldn't come at a better/worse time. It's coming at a good time because of all the drama that we've endured the past 6 months or so. I won't rehash it here as if you've been following along, you know what's going on. It's bad because right now, Daddy is not making any $$ and is, for all intents and purposes, unemployed (not getting a paycheck means unemployed, right?).

Trouble is, the state still sees me as an officer of my corporation. On paper, I am. But the business is dead and I have to jump through a bunch of hoops (and pay taxes) to get out from under it. Until then, I can't collect unemployment.

I have sent out resumes and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm tempted to go pull shots at Tully's or something because even at $9.00/hour (or whatever they pay), it's more than what I'm making now.

So, while we're vacationing in sunny, muggy Florida, I'll be missing out on prime job hunting time, as well as business wind down time.

It's a conundrum, no? I just gotta get in the vacation mindset, I suppose. Once we're off the ground, I should feel better. After all, this is 6 days where Marci and I can just spoil the kids and not worry about anything else.

I can't wait, but part of me is feeling guilty for leaving this mess behind...