Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back on the horse

We have a gym/swim club membership. Why? Who knows? Because we certainly don't use it. Well, I don't. Marci and the kids went a lot in the summer for swimming. Heck, even I went to the gym a few times.

More recently, though, none of us have gone. We had tons of excuses. Family in town. Holidays. Too cold/dark/wet.

I got my hair cut on Saturday and as I sat there in the cape, staring at myself in the mirror, I realized how bloated and round my face was. I mean, I know that I'm a bit chubby, but when all I could see was my neck, chin and face, it just amplified the effect.

Anyway, long story short, I went to the gym for the first time in about 6 months. I ran for 20 minutes and walked about 5. I bought some push up bars the other day and did some then (still sore!).

The plan is to do a few sets of push ups every other day, with running on the other days. Yesterday, after running, the gym scale said I was 176lbs. Yow. I hope to keep this up and we'll see what happens.