Thursday, April 12, 2007

It was a good day

35 has come and gone and, all in all, I had a good time. I probably had the geekiest birthday ever, considering the gifts I received. Here's a list.
  • Nintendo Wii component cables (for a better picture. How geeky is that?).
  • Super Paper Mario for Wii.
  • Madden 07 for Wii.
  • MLB 07 The Show for PS2.
  • $25 Best Buy Gift Card.
  • $500 Best Buy Gift Card (to be split between me, Marci and Haley).
I don't think I've ever just gotten video games and gift cards. I'll be hooking up with my bros. soon and maybe they'll break the streak.

I also got to talk to some old friends. That was a treat. One friend I've known for, wow, 21 years now, if you count to our freshman year in high school. She's in the big city of NYC chasing her dream and it was so so so great to hear from her. If I'm lucky, she'll be following my hijinks on this blog. :)

The family and I went out and had sushi tonight. Tasty. Marci and the kids baked a brownie cake for me and the kids especially had a grand ol' time presenting it to me after dinner. For all the bitching I've done about Riley lately, I am so lucky to have him and Haley as my young'uns. At least that's what I say now; it's only 10:30 and he hasn't done his nightly curtain call yet.

Cool thing that happened tonight that wasn't expected? We took the Jetta to Brown Bear for a car wash. As a joke, I asked for the birthday discount and showed the dude my license. He wished me a happy birthday and gave me the big daddy wash for free! How cool is that? So, if you need a car washed, go to Brown Bear in Factoria and if Alex is the kid helping you, tell him you read about him here.

Life is good, boys and girls. Life is good!