Thursday, April 26, 2007

More stuff

Random notes:
  • I have the new Rush. I have not listened to it yet. I'm trying to wait until Tuesday. But I've listened to a few seconds of a few songs. Some reviews love it, but those are mostly rabid Rush fans, so take it with a grain of salt. Rush could put out cheesy metal and those people would still defend it to their deaths. I've also seen some reviewers really pan this new stuff. I'm pretty even keeled about it. The few snips I've heard seem to be pretty cool so far, but all told, aside from Far Cry, I've heard maybe 20 seconds total. Can I make it to Tuesday? I think I can!

  • I got a new cell phone. A Motorola MOTORIZR Z3. I am so cool! It's a trendy slider phone! And it can do ringtones! For the longest time, I thought ringtones were lame. But now? I'm all geeked to find songs to apply to my contacts. For Marci, I happened to have my mp3 player on random and a friend's band's song "Marcia Baby!" came on coincidentally, so, of course I edited it and put that as her song. I've got the instrumental part of Muse's "Knights of Cydonia" for my bro, as well as "Back in Black" for a guy I work with. I put "Bonehead Rocker" for my man J-lo and Led Zep's "Immigrant Song" (you know the part) for someone else I work with. Geeky fun at its finest.

  • Marci is leaving town for So Cal tomorrow night. I'll have the kids to myself from Friday afternoon until Monday night. Last time I did it, it was tough, but doable. This time should be fine, though I'm a bit overextended for the weekend. I'm helping someone move on Saturday morning. Sunday morning I'm playing in the church band. Sunday night I have a gig. Ugh.

  • Watched the Office tonight. Was a bit let down for the first time in awhile. No new developments on the Jim/Pam front, though Pam seemed chummy in the conference room when joking with Michael about wasting time.
That's it for now. If I don't post next week, send help!