Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Coincidences

I got a myspace message from my friend Emilio today. He found a picture of me playing bass in his band from August 2004. We played a gig at Alki Beach in West Seattle. I found it, downloaded it and thought it was pretty cool.


Anyway, that was a fun, if wacky gig. Either the day before or the morning of the show, a whole mess of syringes washed up on shore. Of course it was a health hazard and the health department delayed the setup of the show for fear of people's safety. Not only did this delay the show, it cut down on the attendance quite a bit. Long story short, we got bumped to the next day to play, instead of late in the night the first night (lights weren't even set up due to the delay).

That was a bummer because Marci and Haley and Marci's dad came out. Marci was pregnant with Riley at the time and Marci's dad was in town to help out as she was supposed to be on bed rest. Riley wasn't due for a few more weeks and, on one of the hottest days of the year, Marci defied her doctor's orders to support her husband, who never played that day. :(

Shortly after I got the picture today, I received an email from a friend I hadn't heard from in about 3 years. This friend, Kelly, I think, saw my picture on Emilio's site and looked me up. The last time I saw Kelly was... in August 2004, when Riley was born at Swedish. Kelly happened to be working that day and we ran into each other, after not having seen each other in probably 7 or 8 years. I think we traded info at the time, but never got back in touch until today.

One other funny thing. Marci and Haley took a field trip with Haley's kindergarten class today. Guess where they went?

Alki Beach!