Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sun? Could it be?

What is that strange yellow ball in the sky?

About freakin' time!

I am sweaty. I just finished working out. I did Jillian's Power Sculpt and Bob's Cardio Max. All together, about 40 minutes of exercise. In reality, I'll feel sore tomorrow, but that's probably about it. It was cool to branch out, though. I hadn't done Jillian's workout before. I think I may work on incorporating that from time to time.

We had a great weekend. The kids were really quite good. It took Marci mentioning to me that she was happy I hadn't gotten frustrated all weekend to realize that they were good. Evidently I do get frustrated with them from time to time.... Who woulda thunk?

I'm pretty proud of Marci and I. Last week we met with our financial advisor and basically were told that we suck at managing money. We ended up consolidating some credit cards onto our HELOC (home equity line of credit) and paying off those high interest cards. We've also made a conscious effort to keep the spending down. One thing we did is not eat out more than once this week. We were also fortunate enough to go to a friend's house for dinner, as well as have M&D take us to dinner one night. At this rate, we'll be out of debt before we know it!

Ok, I know it's the first week, but we have to be positive, right?

In LB news, we are recording on Friday and I couldn't be more excited. For the first time in 3 years with this band, we'll be recording live. It won't be me tracking by myself. I think all 3 of us will be there, but Chris will be doing scratch guitar so me and Sean don't get too lost.

I'm expecting it to go pretty well, but with our sporadic practice schedule lately, it'll be interesting to see how tight we are. I mean, I think we'll be tight, but some of our fills might step on each other a little. I don't think we're at the point in the songs where we're hitting the same things over and over again. But I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

I've also been posting a bunch of live LB videos. Granted, I only have 3 or 4 shows to pull from, but I'm putting them out there. I suppose I could get into recording the band again, but I always feel like a dork whipping out the video camera.

Anyway, if you want to see some vintage Lund Bros., check us out here: youtube

I'm off to adjust a stupid FM modulator I bought for Marci at Xmas time for her car. My neighbor (a Tim the Tool Man type) helped me get it hooked up today, but it's gonna take some fine tuning to get it right. Argh.