Thursday, June 26, 2008

Road Trip!

Oh God.

I'm ripping songs for the mp3 player. More specifically, I'm ripping kid's songs and stories for the mp3 player. I'm in charge of 3 things.
  1. GPS and coordinates. I uploaded our destinations to "Jill", our GPS (as her saucy British voice is named), and just about passed out when I saw the distances. 387. 400. 399. Those are miles. Day one takes us to Southern Oregon. Day two takes us from there to somewhere in California. Day three brings us to Ted & Judy's house. That's about 1200 miles. Our Pilot will probably get 300 miles to the tank. It takes us $80 or so to fill it on regular. That means we'll pay about $320 or so to get to where we want to be. And that's assuming the gas stations in BFE won't be jacking up prices.
  2. Packing for myself. I'm going for 10 days. I figure 5 of everything should do me fine. At least in the sox and undies department (boxers for those keeping track).
  3. Entertainment, electronic. As I said, I'm makin' music right now. I will have my mp3 player loaded. I will have Marci's mp3 player loaded. And I will have one for the kids loaded. I am bringing the portable DVD player with a handful of movies. Marci has packed the kids books, coloring kits, toys, stuffed animals, and just about anything else to keep them occupied for 7+ hours in the car for 3 days.
Marci has been a major trouper today. Not only did she have the kids all day (I couldn't leave work until late), she packed for herself, Haley and Riley. Plus, they're packing for 3 weeks worth of trip. On top of that, she had Haley being her bratty self (she cried for about an hour after I got home because she didn't want to clean her room) all day. And I won't even mention her making dinner.

Needless to say, once we hit the road tomorrow, it'll be a nice change for her.

In the meantime, we will be traveling with the laptop. We will have the camera. I hope to have some blogs while on the road. Say a prayer for us and wish us luck. See you in California!